Thursday, May 5

Viva American Christianity

So today was a mothers day thing in our preschool. Moms were invited to our chapel service, and then there's a luncheon afterwards. Pastor would usually lead chapel for mothers day, but he's out of town, so I got to do it. It's a fun time. I love little kids, they're hilarious because you never know what's going to come out of their mouths. Some people fear this. Others love it and love to watch moms get embarressed by something their kid said to the pastor man. (Don't worry mom, she's only 4, she doesn't know any better.) Anyhow, on to the point. . .

After chapel a mom came up and asked me for some of the differences in lutheran and episcopal churches. She noticed our tagline at the end of the 'our father' and knew something was up. I thought for a moment and then tried to quickly sum up a few differences in doctrine, and the whole 'ordained bishop' thing that lutherans don't follow. The moment I said the word 'theology', though, she quickly cut me off and said:

"No I just mean on Sunday morning. What's different?"


Welcome to American Christianity.

No comments: