Wednesday, August 4

Things as they happen

Word up.

A quick recap of the past weeks happenings.
Last week I was in Orlando at the LCMS National Youth Gathering with our kids. It was a great time. I got to see lots of old friends from camp and college. It was good for our group to have some extended time together as well.

Monday I saw Napolean Dynamite with some friends. Dark humor masked in a light-hearted film. And funnier than anything I've seen in awhile. You'll either love or hate this movie. No inbetween. If you're not familiar with the dark humor genre here's a tip. When you see the movie, laugh at how crazy and absurd things are. That's the point. Just like the Cable Guy or Punch Drunk Love, the joke is absurdity. Trust me, you'll have a much better time if you go into it knowing that.

I've been reading Into the Wild, a Jon Krakauer book. I had it recommended years ago and never got around to it. Good stuff, though. Highly recommend it. I picked up another of Krakauer's books for when I'm done. Into Thin Air. I enjoy Krakauer as an author mainly for his writing styles. I listend to Under the Banner of Heaven on tape after Thomas let me borrow it awhile back. Ever since then I'd been meaning to read more of Krakauer's books, but you know how that goes.

New post over on the AM Radio if you're interested. Also check out this blog. It's written by a soldier currently in Iraq. I forget where I got the link, but it's well written. I just started skimming it, though, so forgive me if it turns out it sucks.



-Peace out-

No comments: