Thursday, April 1

My distaste for the Brad

So I started playing NBA Inside Drive again the other day. I started a season with the Mavericks awhile back, but it was taking way too long to finish, so I put it on hold. Well I'm back at it, so I'm given a daily reminder of why I don't like Shawn Bradley as a basketball player. First of all, let me mention that in reality I'm a big wuss so I'm sure if I saw Shawn on the street I'd just run and cry like a little girl, but as for the blog, I can critique with ease.

Shawn Bradley is 7 feet 6 inches tall. This means that when he puts his hands in the air he has to be careful not to hit them on the rim. As for me, I've never seen what the top of a basketball rim looks like. The only thing Bradley does well in basketball is block shots. He's had a couple of standout games with points and a triple double, but on a regular basis, this giant just stands around and gets pushed around by guys who are 6 feet tall. Here's the deal. . .if you're that tall, being a good shot blocker is a given, not an achievment. When I play basketball with 5th graders you better believe I'll block alot of shots. Those punks are only 4 feet tall so I rule.

Whenever I play NBA Inside Drive, I do everything I can to never give Bradley the ball. I hate it. Even if he's under the basket all alone I'd rather bust a 3 in traffic than give it to him. Mainly because he's most likely going to miss an easy lay-up.

Here's my thing about basketball players who are over 7 feet tall. Gain some freakin weight and beast it up inside the paint. Shaq's a good player not on his own accord, but because he's simply huge. (As much as I despise Shaq, no one's gonna stop him down low, but if he acted like a skinny wuss like Bradley does, he'd be a horrible player.)

So here's my advise to Shawn Bradley:
1. Eat everything you see. Whatever it takes to gain weight, do it.
2. Get mean. When you get the ball down low, don't let someone that comes up to your chest push you around. You tower over most people, so start acting like it.
3. Quit throwing up those wussy bank shots that hit the top of the backboard. It reminds me of Vonder. You should be living a dunk-only life.
4. Get a tan.
5. Please don't kill me if you read this and meet me in real life.

-Peace out-

No comments: