Friday, September 24

Seinfeld

So I'm obsessed with Seinfeld. Me and half the country.

I don't know what makes a show like Seinfeld so good. It's reminiscent of Cheers or The Cosby Show. But something about it still keeps me hooked. I think I've seen them all, but one can't be too sure, because I didn't watch the show religiously when it aired. I'm just a re-run junkey.

A talk radio personality said the show was such a hit because none of the characters were actually likeable except Jerry himself. As he put it, "we wouldn't want to actually hang out with any of the characters except Jerry. However, their presence with Jerry seems to work well."
Makes sense to me, except I think I could handle having Kramer as the next door neighbor. At least it would liven things up a bit. And George is insane, but we all need a George in the group. (If you don't know who the George is in your group. . . .then you are the George.)

So here's some good news for all the Seinfeld addicts like myself. Thanksgiving day, two nights after the release of the Seinfeld DVD's, "
The Seinfeld Story, a one-hour retrospective of the show's early history hosted by Seinfeld, and including episode clips and fresh interviews with costars Jason Alexander , Michael Richards and Julia Louis-Dreyfus." Source

Sounds good to me. At least now I already know what I want for christmas.

No comments: