Wednesday, September 3

I was just working on a bible study for a young adult bible study when I came across this. (Hebrews 10:39) "But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved."

Do you ever feel that as Christians we sulk around and see only the gloom and doom side of this world? While I think being overly prideful is teatering on the edge of a rough cliff, I can just imagine Paul sticking out his chest and loving the fact that he knows he's one of the saved. Sure it can be a hard time knowing others aren't saved, and of course our hearts go out to them. . . .but for even a moment, bask in the knowledge that you walk in the truth. That you are one who will not be destroyed; that you believe. After all, sn't boasting in the Lord's power and the Lord Himself not only ok, but an outright calling for us? (Psalm 34.) By this, than, people see not only our love displayed in life, but our confidence. I can walk with my head high in this world not because I'm so sureof where I am going, but because no matter where I end up I know God will be there. Didn't Abraham teach me anything? (Our God is a God of people, not places.)

No comments: