Wednesday, September 10

My Favorite Current Events

While I would love to be in talk radio, I know I lack the political knowledge-base to do any good. I'm also not mean enough. Either way, here are some of my favorite stories from today.


Charles D. McKinley shipped himself from New York to his parents home in Dallas. This is so dumb on so many levels. "The crate was carried in a pressurized, heated area, but could just as easily have been placed in the lower, unpressurized holds, said Richard G. Phillips, chief executive of Pilot Air Freight." And while this ordeal was obviously planned and took some amount of effort and thought, McKinley didn't think to take any food or water on his 15 hour shipment.


Brianna LaHara must be stopped. At this point in our culture, she is poised to bring about the demise of the music industry as we know it. Thanks RIAA for a job well done. . . .Oh, did I mention Brianna is 12, and the RIAA wanted to sue for as much as $150,000 per song she downloaded using Kazaa? That'll teach her.


Any of my friends who say they could care less about politics; listen up. It's for reasons such as this that we have a government. Decisions made by people you and I elect into office dictate peoples lives. . . .or deaths. I can't just throw my fist in the air and say "politics don't affect my life." I'm sure some people in the towers thought that same thing. Politics and religion are everyones concern. Because down the road, someone's right, and someone's wrong, and there's alot more at stake with these two topics than just stock options.

No comments: