Friday, November 14

Blogs I hate. . .

What I hate about some blogs are the insane amount of quotes. I'm coming to your blog to find out what YOU think, not what site you can link and quote from all day long. Certainly links are cool, if you're talking about something you found on another site, or a cool picture or what not; I can handle that. . .It's information. But what kills me are all the blogs with the freakish 'cult followings' that are nothing more than quotes from other sites. Maybe every 10 posts or so will have a sentence or two of the authors actual writing, but the rest is just news relay. . .and I can get that crap on my own. These blogs become simply become a window helping readers surf the web. (I'm a youth worker, trust me, I know how to effectively surf the internet on my own. I don't need someone guiding me)

All in all, here's my thing. If you're writing a blog, write your own stuff, and don't rely on other sites and ideas to make your own look cool and exciting. I'm all for linking to another site if it's something that catches your eye, but at least write your thoughts about it. Otherwise, you're just using other material to gain readers and look 'cool'. And it's not working. . . .Well, I guess for some of the sites it's working. . . .because, if you ask me, some of the most hardcore followed blogs out there are nothing more than a links page with a fancy title and lots of readers trying to look like beatnics because they've heard of this blog. . . .
Hey kids, write your thoughts and stop reading stupid blogs. . . . .
-Peace out-

No comments: